Purchases materials and equipment for projects, and facilitates the flow of materials to and from the various job sites, making sure the right materials arrive at the right time. Inspects goods upon delivery to ensure quality, quantity, and adherence to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews submittals, estimates, and requisitions to plan for and schedule purchases.
- Works with Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Engineers, and vendors to clarify requirements, specifications, and schedules.
- Confers with vendors to obtain part and equipment information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Based upon submittal requirements and specifications, places orders to receive the correctly specified parts and equipment delivered to the right job sites, and on the correct dates as needed.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews quotations and negotiates contract terms within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records to track items or services purchased costs, delivery, quality, and performance.
- Receives and stocks parts that are delivered to the corporate office and panel shop. Sets up a process to organize and maintain inventory.
- Processes returns of defective parts and equipment to the manufacturer.
- Expedites delivery of goods to field sites or panel shop.
- Assists with submittal preparation upon request.