A continuously growing fortune 500 company. is currently looking for a Security Administrator to join their team. The right candidate will be responsible to deploy, manage and maintain access control, intrusion detection, virus protection, incident response, development and implementation of security policies and procedures. This position will work as part of a team of experienced System Administrators and Network Administrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs special projects and participates as a technical advisor for a variety of ad-hoc information security and logical user access projects that will be dictated by current business and technological developments
- Design, plan, deploy, manage and maintain all security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software
- Design, plan, deploy, manage and maintain all aspects of domain administration including Active Directory management, Group Policy, DNS, ADFS and Azure Active Directory.
- Design, plan, coordinate and execute the plan to perform and/or oversee penetration testing of all systems in order to identify system vulnerabilities
- Design, plan, and execute the plan to implement and report on security system and end user activity audits
- Monitor and investigate server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic (wired & wireless) for unusual or suspicious activity, interpret and make recommendations for resolution
- Design, plan and recommend, coordinate and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach
- Design and develop PowerShell scripts to automate security tasks to assist with modification of computer systems or programs
- Document all changes, testing, creation or modification of computer programs or systems.
- Assess need for any security reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute as required
- Ability to travel overnight
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Download and test new security software and/or technologies
- Provide security support to end-users
- Work with application and functional teams to encourage a security mindset throughout product development processes from concept to testing and implementation
- On-call security support as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalence
- 5 years information security work experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in Active Directory Domain Administration including DNS, GPO and ADFS technologies and concepts.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, DLP, NAC, SIEM and other industry-standard techniques and practices
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019, and Windows 8/10
- In-depth technical knowledge of identity management and security technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, ADFS, and Authentication protocols including Kerberos
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP suite of protocols including but not limited to ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP(S), and FTP
- Prior experience managing and maintaining information related to SOX audits
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form
- Ability to sit for majority of 8-hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision
- The noise level is generally moderate
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- Change oriented; actively generates process improvements, confronts difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated customer focus; builds strong relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partner with customers to help shape future initiatives