Plan, coordinate, prioritize, and execute the activities necessary to process GIS Change Requests by using linear referencing in an ArcGIS versioned database. Understand the proper use of a Change Management Process to support safety-critical systems and initiatives. Perform editing and analysis activities involving heads up digitizing, LiDAR Point Cloud feature extraction, Trimble SSF and ESRI GIS data formats. Perform data maintenance and QA/QC tasks by utilizing ArcGIS Desktop software and in-house tools. Record and communicate detailed change notes to coworkers and customers. Understand and analyze data as it is converted into multiple formats.
Become familiar and may be required to complete and become qualified with current annual MOW Rules Qualification and comply with company policies.
- College degree desired plus a minimum of 5 years professional ArcGIS desktop experience in data editing with change management at the core of every function.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of ArcMap 10.X editing, versioning, validation, and analysis tools.
- Must have working knowledge of ESRI Products.
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate above average organizational skills and a desire to drive for results.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- May be required to work irregular and flexible work schedule.
- Must be willing to learn safe operations and practices.
- Must have ability to communicate well, one-on-one and in groups.
- Must be safety conscious and able to support and contribute to a strong safety process.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (especially SQL Server and Access).
- Familiarity with linear referencing systems.
- Technical writing experience.
- Previous transportation experience in a GIS group.