A fortune 500 company is adding a Help Desk Specialist to their team! The right candidate will be responsible for all IT support activities related to end user hardware and software and other IT related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide phone, webchat, and in-person support to end users and external vendors on a variety of Information Technology related issues; ~90% of the support will be via phone, basic access/minimal support to external vendors
- Research and resolve basic network (ISP modems, Cisco routers), hardware, and software application problems
- Document and track the details of the problem, both status and resolution, within the help desk tracking application
- Communicates and follows-up with the user while working the problem and ensures successful and timely completion of the problem
- Provide assistance with division office moves, computer refreshes and fill-in for division IT personnel on an as-needed basis
- Administer user accounts for Windows NT and other applications
- Complete work orders, fully documenting each step of the troubleshooting process.
- Provides technical training to peers on an as-needed basis
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to travel overnight
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Experience with replacing basic components of various makes/models printers Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
Education and/or Experience
- Three to five years related experience and/or training in an IT support environment.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Windows 8/10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory/Active Roles, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Exchange 2016, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Microsoft Print Services, Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365, Microsoft Defender, Terminal Services.
- Experience with VNC, Cisco Anyconnect, or other remote connectivity software a plus.
- Windows/Android/Apple phone support experience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Ability to sit for majority of 8 hour workday; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color vision and periperal vision
- The noise level is generally moderate
- Adaptability to a constantly-changing environment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all aspects of computer components
- A+ and/or MCICT,MCITP , MCP, MCDST, XP/MCP certifications, Dell Hardware (laptops, desktops and printers) not required but a plus