Redhat System Administrator
This Redhat System Administrator will be a technical expert for RHEL 6 & 7. This position will be responsible for migrating a RHEL 6 estate to RHEL 7. This team member will play an integral role in implementing the organization’s RHEL migration strategy by working as an SME for Redhat Enterprise Linux.
- Subject matter expert of RHEL 6 & 7
- Upgrade, troubleshoot & restore RHEL servers
- Guide application teams with RHEL 6 to 7 migrations
- Troubleshoot and remediate RHEL post upgrade problems
- Work with RedHat support for resolving complex issues
- Configuration management using Chef/ Ansible
- 5 plus years of Level 3 support experience of RHEL 6 and RHEL 7
- Knowledge on Chef/Ansible
- Knowledge on Networking technologies, protocols, tuning and troubleshooting Linux server issues, Cluster services
- Experience with Kickstart, Firewalls, Hypervisors and Routers
- Basic to intermediate level knowledge in scripting (shell/Perl/bash/python/ruby)
- Familiarity with automation using Ansible
- Any experience in upgrading RHEL systems is highly preferred
- RHCSA is strongly preferred.